Monday, February 15, 2010

Bones

I know this is Bender's blog, but I thought I should introduce Bones, his younger brother.

Bones' rescue story. Last October I was in my car going to return a movie. I got to the intersection at the end of our street and saw a dog and cat sitting in the middle of the intersection. I stopped the car and opened the door to check on them. The cat ran away but the puppy ran right over to me and hopped in the car. I drove back down the street to our house and got C. We got the puppy into the back yard and decided we would bring him in the house and feed him since he looked starved. This did not sit well with Bender. It took him 3-4 days to warm up to this new puppy while we searched for his owners. As I mentioned, the puppy was pretty starved and had a bad case of fleas. After a month we couldn't find any owner, so we decided since Bender had warmed up to him and he really was a sweet puppy that we would include him in our family. We named him Bones because he was so skinny and for "Bones" McCoy on Star Trek.



After 4 months he is healthy and happy. He's a goofy puppy, but I'm glad we added him to the family.

2 comments:

  1. he's cute! what a sad story though; glad you were there at the right time to help him and then provide a loving home for him

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh... Betty and Koda beat me to a new corgi blog again!!! Rachel, you will find her to be one of the best blogging friends you could have!

    I'm so glad that you found Bones, too! I took in a little starved pup and his was a very special love! I had him for 17 years.

    Looks like Bones is a golden retriever mix from the pics, but I can't really tell how big he is. That is really a nice breed though. Soooo, You guys are Trek Fans? High five to that!

    Trek fans, Corgi people, and animal rescuers... You're MY kind of people! Linda (OC's Mom)

    Note from OC and the Country Corgis: Hi, Bender! Always nice to meet a new corgi! Hope you have fun in the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete