But I have an adorable corgi lying by my side and I promised him this year I'd be better. Maybe this year I'll get Peabody Snarflenubbins treats on Etsy. (If we pack up and move to Austin or Tucson that may become my only income. More on that later.)
Here are my non-blog related resolutions:
1. Run a 5K. I started the couch to 5k program this week. I've never been a runner, but I've always wanted to complete a 5k. I've decided I don’t need to place I just want to run the entire time and finish the race!
2. Goal weight – 118-120lbs. I have this number in my head that makes me happy. I'm 130 right now, and that's not bad at all, but I've noticed since I started teaching in August of 2009 I've gained weight and it hasn't come off. I'd be happy if I became more lean and toned even if I didn't meet my "happy weight." I have a workout calendar on the wall in the bathroom and a pair of shorts that are a little too small hanging up as motivation.
3. Eat more veggies/healthier meals. We're big fans of meat around here. Usually chicken sometimes beef. We're trying to do vegetarian meals at least 2-3 times a week. I've found some great weight watchers meals and we're doing well so far!
4. Less snacking/ healthier snacks. I'm a bored snacker. Nothing to do? Snack. And usually it's not a good snack. It's chips, candy, etc. I'm trying really hard to eat more fruits as snack. I'm not cutting out the chocolate, but I'm definitely moderating it. This also includes lowering the amount of pop I consume. Casey and I are down to sharing 1 12oz can a day. Already improved, but I want to cut it out entirely.
5. (Once it warms up) Walk Bender and Bones DAILY! We're really bad since we have a nice big fenced in yard. We let the dogs outside and call it good. I really want to start walking them every day. 1. It's good exercise for them, and Bender has porked up a bit. 2. It helped immensely with keeping their nails trimmed. 3. It was a great way to work on obedience.
6. Be more money aware. I'm a horrible spender. I'll be the first to admit it. The red and white clearance stickers at Target are like a drug to me. "But it's such a great deal!" Same thing at my second job. I buy far too many clothes. I've set up a savings account and any time I feel the urge to buy anything that is a non-necessity I will instead not buy the item and deposit the same amount into the savings account.
Also this year, I'm going to take a risk. I've decided not to renew my contract at my school. I don't have another job lined up right now, but I'm decided on not staying. The school is a "sinking ship" and I need to get out before I'm sucked down with it. Casey and I have talked and we don't have a house payment, we don't have family or friends here, we really have no ties to Twin Falls so we're going to pack it up and move. We're looking at Tucson - because he was accepted to the Astronomy program at UofA, or Austin - we have friends there and it's a growing city. Job wise, I'll look for a teaching job, but if none is to be found, I can transfer with my retail job, I've worked in food service before, and if I can I'll set up the etsy shop and sell the dog treats.
I think 2011 has many big changes in store for us. I'm nervous and excited and ready to take it all on!
I'll get pictures posted when I find my camera. I think I'm going to start wordless wednesday and try to keep it up all year.
Also, this is horrible and I apologize, I have my holiday cards addressed and ready to be sent. Yup still haven't sent them. So you will get it, it just may not be until mid-January. :) Better late than never right?